Name: Lee Carver
Medium: Photographic panels
Lived in Vail: 4 years
Name of show: Three-dimensional MuralScapes
Location of Show: Vail Library community room
Date: Tuesday through Dec. 30
1. Vail Daily: What does photography mean to you?
Lee Carver: Photography provides me with recurring pleasure whether I am shooting, working in a darkroom, working with digital images, or composing MuralScapes.
2. VD: When did you know that you wanted to be a photographer?
LC: Age 15.
3. VD: What inspires you to create? What kind of mood do you have to be in?
LC: Inspiration just seems to happen but I am sure it is because I saw something a while ago and it just now causes me to create something. The seeing and the creating are not necessarily attached. I don't have to be in a specific mood to create. What I need is to see that I have the time to create.
4. VD: Why did you choose the medium that you work with, or did it choose you?
LC: It may have chosen me. I like the new digital medium because it shortens the creation time, which allows me to do more.
5. VD: Describe your style.
LC: I compose murals of landscapes and cityscapes that provide a three-dimensional view and also reflect the way we see and piece the "whole image" together in our brain for memory's sake.
6. VD: If you were to meet any artist, alive or dead, who would it be and why?
LC: I would be interested in meeting Michelangelo to understand the artistic technology of the time and his use of it.
7. Do you own a favorite piece of art?
LC: Yes, it is a brush and ink rendering of a woman by Francios Gilot.
8. Where do you sell your art?
LC: My art has been sold in Galleries and local Art Faires in Vail, Los Gatos and San Diego. It is also available through my Web site, www.leezwebgallery.com.