W. R. (Bill) Stewart, 86, of Highlands Ranch, Colo., went home to be with the Lord on Tuesday. Bill was born in Sioux Falls, S.D. on Aug. 29, 1923. He was a World War II veteran and prisoner of war. He was president of National Reserve Life Insurance Company in Topeka, Kan., working with his brother-in-law and close, friend H. O. "Bud" Chapman Jr., who was chairman of the board. He was preceded in death by his beloved wife Jane. Bill is survived by his son Jack (Pam) and two grandchildren Shelly & Dan (Dawn). He also is survived by two great-grandchildren, Paige Elizabeth & Ainsley Jane. He has one brother, Fred (Virginia). Bill is also survived by numerous other relatives and friends. Private burial will be in Municipal Cemetery, Grand Junction, Colo. Donations suggested to Denver Hospice, www.thedenverhospice.org.
- Glenwood teen dies, Gypsum teen seriously hurt in Rifle car accident
- Vail to close gondolas, lifts early for uphill loading on Closing Day
- Vail Resorts issues reminders for Closing Day
- Snowmass man's girls in U.S. from Argentina after custody fight (video)
- Utah man charged with homicide after woman hit at party dies