ASPEN - Ann Denver, who was once married to the late John Denver, has sold her Starwood home for $7 million, according to public records.The home was bought by Eugenia and Thomas Carter Jr. of Houston. The sale was recorded Friday in the Pitkin County Clerk & Recorder's Office.Located at 2480 McClain Flats Road, the four-bath, five-bedroom, 4,705-square-foot house was built in 1985. The assessor's office lists its actual value at $8.8 million and its assessed value at $700,670.Ann was the subject of the hit tune "Annie's Song," written and sung by John Denver. John Denver was killed in a plane accident on Oct. 12, 1997, in the Pacific Ocean. He was flying a plane solo near Pacific Grove, Calif.
- Blaze engulfs Sweetwater structure north of Dotsero
- Thanksgiving reminds us to be grateful for all the goodness in life
- Industry leaders: Skiing cheaper than you think
- #VailLive: Updates from opening day at Beaver Creek mountain
- Five bakers vie for the cookie crown at Wednesday’s Beaver Creek Cookie Comp