EAGLE, Colorado - The Eagle County Commissioners will take up the Eagle River Meadows development proposal at 2 p.m. today.At a meeting last week, the commissioners said they want to take more time to consider a new idea - developer Lance Badger's Atira Group has offered the county the deed to land on the north side of the Eagle River in exchange for concessions on the south side, the site of the former B & B Excavating gravel pit.Atira's original proposal called for building medical facilities and housing on the south side of the river, and more than 200 housing units on the north side. That construction would also include a new bridge to the north side of the river for the Lake Creek Village apartments and the Brett Ranch Villas townhomes.Today's hearing will be in the Eagle County Room of the county administration building. The hearing will be available on the county's TV station, ECO TV18 and the county's website, www.eaglecounty.us.
- Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company presents choreographer Alwin Nikolais' work at Vilar Center
- Westin Riverfront Run With a View 5K free walk/run scheduled for June 1
- 2A championship game turns into a coronation
- Eagle County Health Service District boss is retiring
- Fire destroys cabin, crane at Dotsero construction site