With more than 20 free health screenings offered, 9Health Fair, Colorado's largest health fair program, has teamed up with the Eagle Lions Club and Vail Valley Medical Center to offer affordable health testing at Eagle Valley High School in Gypsum.
The fair, scheduled for Saturday, March 31 in Gypsum, will offer free and low-cost health screenings that address today's most critical health issues, including heart disease, diabetes, colon cancer, prostate cancer, mental health and more. The fair also offers:
• Low cost blood work, breast and colon cancer information.
• Direction on reading results and sharing with a doctor. Results delivered within four weeks.
• Calls within 72 hours if a critical health issue is discovered.
• Free interpretation and translation services.
• Free "Ask A Medical Question/Get A Referral" services.
• No social security number or personal identification required.
"The 9Health Fair has been providing a safe, friendly and professional place for people in our community to learn more information about their health for 33 years now," said Shannon Hurst, event coordinator and Eagle Lions Club member. "This is an excellent opportunity to gain insightful information about your health for a minimal cost."
Blood draws, done by Vail Valley Medical Center employees, provide an important look into the health of a person. Blood screenings offered include:
• $30 Blood Chemistry Screening: Provides information on your blood sugar (glucose), cholesterol, triglycerides, liver, kidney, bone and muscle function and may show warning signs of diabetes, heart disease and other concerns.
• $15 Blood Count screening: Checks the health of blood.
• $40 Vitamin D screening: Measures baseline Vitamin D level.
• $25 Hemoglobin A1C screening: Provides the average blood sugar level over the past 2 to 3 months.
Pre-registration is available online at www.9healthfair.org and will allow the check-in process to flow more smoothly. For more information about the March 31 9Health Fair in Gypsum, visit www.9healthfair.org or call 800-332-3078.
What: 9Health Fair.
When: 7:30 to 11:30 a.m., March 31.
Where: Eagle Valley High School, 641 Valley Road, Gypsum.
More information: Preregister for your screenings at www.9healthfair.org, click on "Find a Fair," select "Eagle-Gypsum" and scroll down to the preregister section.
Complete list of screenings:
Blood Chemistry Screening ($30 blood draw)
Blood Count Screening ($15 blood draw)
Blood Pressure Screening
Body in Balance
Colon Cancer Screening Kit
Eye Health Screening
Height/Weight/Body Mass Index (BMI) Screening
Oral Health Screening
Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) ($25 Men Only Blood Draw)
Stress Management Screening
Vitamin D 25-Hydroxy Screening ($40)
Blood draw blood chemistry screenings are most accurate if well hydrated by drinking water (not coffee or tea) and a 12-hour fast is completed prior to the draw. Payment by cash or check only. Credit cards cannot be accepted.