William Cartwright, born 1934, an early Vail local and recent part-time resident, passed away in Florida on Thursday. He was married to longtime local Alice Cartwright before he made Florida his home. Bill was a pilot for the Navy, Braniff International, Piedmont and US Airways. A memorial will be held later in the month in Dallas at the Frontiers of Flight Museum at Love Field.
- On the Hill: Evening riding now at Vail
- Arlo Guthrie's 'Alice's Restaurant 50th Anniversary Tour' stops in Beaver Creek
- Author of One Book One Valley read talks about his writing and his ranch
- Roots of Racing: Carson was a student of the Pro Tour
- Bringing the Renaissance to life on stage at Eagle County Charter Academy