VAIL - On Friday kick off the weekend at Vail's mountaintop Friday Afternoon Club (FAC). Vail Valley based band, Laughing Bones, brings its musical stylings to the top of Eagle's Nest.Festivities begin at 5 p.m. every Friday throughout the summer on Talon's Deck Grill. Visitors can kick off the weekend with free live music and activities, food and drink specials, and more all while enjoying amazing sunsets and the best views in the valley.All performances are free and the Eagle Bahn Gondola (#19) is free to 2012-'13 pass holders. Guests who have not yet secured a pass for next winter can purchase one at www.epicpass.com. Twilight gondola tickets can be purchased after 4 p.m. and include a $10 credit voucher valid for the purchase of on-mountain food and beverage at Talon's Deck Grill and Bistro Fourteen, or Adventure Ridge activities. Or, grab a complimentary shuttle to Game Creek and use the voucher towards sunset appetizers and drinks on Game Creek Restaurant's deck overlooking the Vail Valley. The last ride up the Eagle Bahn Gondola during evening operations is at 9 p.m.For more information about Vail Mountain and FAC, visit www.vail.com, or stop by the Mountain Information Center in Lionshead open daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. or call 970- SKI-VAIL (754-8245).
- As cannabis becomes more mainstream, couples start incorporating it in weddings
- Vail's Buddy Lazier is running his 19th Indianapolis 500, on the 20th anniversary of his 1996 win
- Vail Christian High School's Class of 2016 challenged to carry God's love with them
- Traditions continue at VMS commencement
- Vail police arrest Greyhound bus passenger