C. Anthony Gallery in Beaver Creek hosts internationally renowned Taiwanese sculptor Liu Miao Chan Friday and Saturday from 4 to 8 p.m. It's the artists first visit in many years. Declared a "living treasure" by the government of Taiwan, Chan is a master of the unique sculpting medium of leather. Though the art form dates back some 3000 years, Chan has managed to create his own unique voice that makes his work unmistakable. In his hands, leather is transformed into the most intricate of figures with uncanny realism and movement. Facial features and expressions exhibit a lifelike quality that communicates the heart and soul of each sculpture. With subjects ranging from warrior to scholar to musician and more, Chan's leather sculptures radiate an exquisitely compelling vision of life. The C. Anthony Gallery is located along gallery row in the Market Square Building in Beaver Creek.
- Interstate 70 near Silverthorne closed Friday after wreck kills 3 people
- VIDEO: Off the Hill with Tricia Swenson goes behind the scenes at the Vilar Performing Arts Center in Beaver Creek
- Glenwood Springs man arrested for attempted murder on Transfer Trail
- Body of missing teen found
- VIDEO: Learning to longboard later in life