MINTURN - Movies in the Park at Little Beach Park & Amphitheater in Minturn will show its final movie of the season, "Footloose" (the original) Saturday evening. Movies, popcorn, and drinks are free and the event is open to the public. This season featured a local singer/songwriter series sponsored by Minturn Music before the movie. Terry Armistead, member of the sibling duo, The Turntable Review, closes out the series."Terry has an amazing voice that will keep your attention," said Jodi Jahrling, executive director of the Minturn Community Fund (MCF). "She's the perfect finale for our first season of singer-songwriters."Armistead and her brother Joe (Bianchi) grew up with a folk singing, guitar playin', beer drinking father and a piano playin', church singin' mother with a voice like an angel. It was hard not to be influenced by their music as TV was nonexistent in the Vermont hills and playing guitars and singing was the activity every evening.The movie "Footloose" (1984, PG) will start right after the music.For more information call 970-306-6553 or visit www.minturnmatters.org.
- Lifelong Minturn resident Darla Goodell, who ran Turntable, passes away
- FirstBank closes doors of branch in Lionshead
- Vail Daily travel: Health and wealth in Asheville, with decadent mansions and healing salt caves
- Eagle Valley spoils Summit County homecoming Friday
- Vail Mountain, Eagle Valley soccer record big wins