VAIL - The 18th annual Vail Jazz Festival and Vail Jazz Party present the final performances today with a rollicking afternoon session from noon to 5:30 p.m. The concerts will be held in the Jazz Tent in Lionshead."The Monday afternoon jam sessions can be the most fun of the entire Jazz Party," said Howard Stone, artistic director of the Vail Jazz Festival. "There is a true camaraderie with artists dedicated to this musical genre, and they get excited to play with contemporaries that they sometimes haven't seen in years. Vail provides a place for the jazz community to come together and that's reflected by what you see on stage in these final performances of the weekend."After nearly 30 hours and five days of round-the-clock music, the annual celebration of jazz has grown to encompass many styles of jazz and audiences can't help but be infected with the enthusiasm demonstrated by musicians involved on all levels. Today's Vail Jazz Party lineup:Noon - Houston Person, Byron Stripling & Vail Jazz Alumni Trio.1:05 p.m. - Niki Haris, Karen Hammack, Christoph Luty, Ernie Adams & Wycliffe Gordon.2:10 p.m. - Cyrille Aime & Diego Figueiredo.3:15 p.m. - Jeff Hamilton Trio.4:20 p.m. - Bobby Floyd, Benny Green, John Clayton, Lewis Nash, Graham Dechter, James Carter, Jeff Clayton, Houston Person, Wycliffe Gordon, Terell Stafford, Byron Stripling and Warren Wolf.
- As cannabis becomes more mainstream, couples start incorporating it in weddings
- Vail's Buddy Lazier is running his 19th Indianapolis 500, on the 20th anniversary of his 1996 win
- Vail Christian High School's Class of 2016 challenged to carry God's love with them
- Traditions continue at VMS commencement
- Vail police arrest Greyhound bus passenger