John Bertroch of Palisade, died Sept. 30. He was 99.Born in the Oak Creek area to Jesse and Maude Bertroch, John grew up in the Gypsum community. He married Alveda Challis Bertroch on Sept. 9, 1951, in Gypsum. They raised four children: Alveda (Jerry) Mayne, of Palisade; Alexis Anne Struble, of Clifton; Alden (Susan) Bertroch, of Glade Park; and Loyette Bertroch, of Palisade. The family includes eight grandchildren and 16 great-grandchildren.John's life was family-oriented, and he enjoyed outdoor activities such as picnicking, camping and prospecting. He was a wonderful gardener. His occupations were farming and carpentry. He worked many years with his brothers.He and Alveda built a cabin on Glade Park for the entire family to enjoy.He was preceded in death by his wife, Alveda Challis Bertroch, and his siblings: Juanita, Garland, Durward, Clair, Virgil, Virginia and Purley.Services were held Wednesday at the Palisade Funeral Home chapel.Donations can be made to the Glade Park Fire Department, P.O. Box 23119, Glade Park, CO 81523 or Alpine Home Health & Hospice, 2764 Compass Drive Suite 110, Grand Junction, CO 81506.
- Vail Valley businesses offer convenience by bringing groceries and more right to your door
- First overnight marijuana hotel in Summit County opens in Silverthorne
- Burns man shoots, kills masked assailant
- New ‘Bustang’ service to link Vail, Denver; $17 fare one way
- Vail Daily health feature: Remembering a life not started