John Bertroch of Palisade, died Sept. 30. He was 99.Born in the Oak Creek area to Jesse and Maude Bertroch, John grew up in the Gypsum community. He married Alveda Challis Bertroch on Sept. 9, 1951, in Gypsum. They raised four children: Alveda (Jerry) Mayne, of Palisade; Alexis Anne Struble, of Clifton; Alden (Susan) Bertroch, of Glade Park; and Loyette Bertroch, of Palisade. The family includes eight grandchildren and 16 great-grandchildren.John's life was family-oriented, and he enjoyed outdoor activities such as picnicking, camping and prospecting. He was a wonderful gardener. His occupations were farming and carpentry. He worked many years with his brothers.He and Alveda built a cabin on Glade Park for the entire family to enjoy.He was preceded in death by his wife, Alveda Challis Bertroch, and his siblings: Juanita, Garland, Durward, Clair, Virgil, Virginia and Purley.Services were held Wednesday at the Palisade Funeral Home chapel.Donations can be made to the Glade Park Fire Department, P.O. Box 23119, Glade Park, CO 81523 or Alpine Home Health & Hospice, 2764 Compass Drive Suite 110, Grand Junction, CO 81506.
- Glenwood teen dies, Gypsum teen seriously hurt in Rifle car accident
- Vail to close gondolas, lifts early for uphill loading on Closing Day
- Vail Resorts issues reminders for Closing Day
- Snowmass man's girls in U.S. from Argentina after custody fight (video)
- Utah man charged with homicide after woman hit at party dies