Himalayan ski mountaineer Ben Clark will be at the Ptarmigan Sports on Friday at 7:30 p.m. to show a free screening of his new film, "Ski the Himalayas 2."Chronicling a group of fellow mountaineers and friends in the Annapurna region of Nepal, the 80-minute film follows Clark as he leads the expedition from start to finish. Dealing with communication barriers, scaling a 20,000-foot peak and surviving an avalanche on the descent are just a few of the highlights of the hour-long film, according to Clark."This isn't just ski porn in high peaks, it's a film about an adventure to a foreign country and how to deal with the unexpected from all angles ... and still have fun," Clark said.A Q&A will immediately follow the screening, as well as a product giveaway from such film tour sponsors as Osprey, Sterling Ropes and Mountain Khakis. Call 970-926-8144 to learn more about the event.
- Centura Health, Kaiser announce plans for facilities in valley as VVMC builds new wing
- Anonymous donor delivers $30,000 to rummage sale
- Pattern of abuse does not excuse Cunningham murder, DA says
- Navajo Code Talker, legendary lawmaker John Pinto is a great American story
- On the Hill: Off roading on a Segway