VAIL, Colorado - Thursday, all roads on Vail Mountain will be closed to the public, including foot and bicycle traffic, due to construction and tower installation on the new gondola in Vail Village. Roads will open once helicopter operations are complete.
- Lifelong Minturn resident Darla Goodell, who ran Turntable, passes away
- Vail Daily travel: Health and wealth in Asheville, with decadent mansions and healing salt caves
- Local racer John O'Neill third US finisher at World Cup triathlon, 23rd overall
- Copper Mountain begins snowmaking
- FirstBank closes doors of branch in Lionshead