The first Miss Eagle Valley Pageant showcased 18 beautiful young women from all over Eagle County and raised money for the Eagle Valley High School Cheerleaders.
The master of ceremonies was Eagle Valley High School Assistant Principal and Athletic Director Tammy Payne.
Judges were Eagle County Commissioner Sarah Fisher, Sheri Rollins, owner Signature Signs, and Sherry Cussion, owner Eagle Embroidery.
The stage director and mentor was Anika Sandberg, Miss Colorado High School, Miss District of Columbia and Eagle Valley High School alumna.
The Winners are:
Tiny Miss (kindergarten-second grade)
• Winner: Princess: Aaliyah Vasquez, second grade, from Eagle Valley Elementary
• First Runner-Up: Zakia Shreeve, kindergarten, from Brush Creek Elementary
• Second Runner-Up: Cadence Moore, kindergarten, from Eagle Valley Elementary
Little Miss (third-fifth grade)
• Winner: Princess: Kendell Sanders, fifth grade, Eagle Valley Elementary
• First Runner-Up: Lilly Dougherty, third grade, Eagle Valley Elementary
• Second Runner-Up: Lisbeth Jimenez, fifth grade, Gypsum Elementary
Junior Miss (sixth-eighth grade)
• Winner: Princess Alexis Valdez, sixth grade, Gypsum Creek Middle
• First Runner-Up: Alessie Acosta, Gypsum Creek Middle
• Second Runner-Up: Alexandra Morales
Miss Eagle Valley 9th grade - 12th grade
• Winner: Queen, Kearstan Sanders, 11th grade, Eagle Valley High School
• First Runner-Up: Paige Boone, 10th grade, Eagle Valley High School
• Second Runner-Up: Valeria Acosta, 11th grade, Eagle Valley High School
The winners were featured at the EVHS Homecoming Parade on Wednesday.
The Miss Eagle Valley Queen and her court will have more than seven community engagements during their reign. From community service projects, to parades and ribbon-cuttings, their year will be filled with community support and character-building opportunities.
If you have questions or would like to be involved in future Miss Eagle Valley Pageants, please contact Wendi Ortiz, Eagle Valley High School Cheer Coach, or Marie Sanders, a parent volunteer, at 970-524-1740.