VAIL, Colorado - Work begins Monday to replace a damaged section of sewer main beneath the recreation path just west of the gate in Vail's Intermountain neighborhood.The repair affects a portion of the path near the Intermountain gate but requires completely closing it between Dowd Junction (at Highway 6 and 24) and Intermountain. The work has been scheduled to coincide with the Nov. 12 seasonal closure of the Dowd Junction Recreation Path, which will remain closed throughout the winter.The project will replace a segment of sewer main that has settled. Eagle River Water & Sanitation District expects work to wrap up Nov. 15. Work hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and signs will mark the closure at the recreation path gates in Dowd Junction and Intermountain.For more information go to erwsd.org or call Construction Manager Jim Boyd at 970-471-3696.
- Beaver Creek to open Wednesday with 720 acres
- Restore, Rejuvenate & Reiki Heart Opening Workshop at Synergy is Dec. 12
- Beaver Creek has record opening
- Vail's Vintage restaurant offers French brasserie coziness, with brunch and late-night bites
- Eisenhower-Johnson Memorial Tunnel featured in local documentary