Dale P. Aden, of Eagle, passed away Dec. 11. He was 76 years old and struggled with cancer for the past seven years.He was born in Lincoln, Neb., and grew up in western Pennsylvania. He traveled by train to Fort Collins and attended Colorado State University.After graduation in 1961, he remained in Colorado working in the meat industry until 1974, when he took a position with OSI Industries, a meat processor with plants around the world and supplier to McDonald's restaurants, based in Aurora, Ill. Dale retired in 1999 and returned to Colorado in 2005.He was involved with the Eagle River Presbyterian Church and Jack's Place at Shaw Cancer Center (board member).He is survived by his wife, Nora Fryklund; sons Michael and Eric; daughter Karen; brother Dean; and grandchildren Kaeberle, Mckenna and Hadley.Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Eagle River Presbyterian Church.Donations may be made to the Shaw Cancer Center in lieu of flowers. Everett Family Funeral Home & Crematory is in charge of arrangements.
- Vail to open with 540 acres Friday, including gondolas, Chairs 2, 3 and 4
- Vail powder forecast: A foot of snow expected Saturday-Monday
- Leadville’s St. Vincent Hospital to shut down after 135 years
- Edwards siblings both finalists in Uncle Ben’s cooking contest
- Aspen Art Museum exec drew nearly $900K in 2013