VAIL - Vail Vitality Center is pleased to host a special lecture by Dr. Jordan Metzl, author of "The Athlete's Book of Home Remedies: 1,001 Doctor-Approved Health Fixes & Injury-Prevention Secrets for a Leaner, Fitter, More Athletic Body!" on Friday at 6 p.m. Dr. Metzl is a marathon and Ironman veteran, an award winning author and a media personality. His lectures follow the tips and techniques detailed in his book, teaching athletes of all ages - pros and weekend warriors alike - how to keep their bodies moving, active and injury free.Dr. Metzl practices at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City, the nation's top orthopedic hospital. He also appears regularly on NBC's Today Show and in print media including the New York Times and Time Magazine, discussing health and fitness. Dr. Metzl recently spearheaded the New York Runners in Support of Staten Island run project that brought thousands of runners to Staten Island with the cancellation of the New York City Marathon.The lecture will be followed by a book signing and refreshments. Cost to attend is $10 per person and pre-registration is required. For information and pre-registration call 970-476-7960. The Vitality Center is located at Vail Mountain Lodge in Vail Village.
- Crazy Mountain Brewing to sponsor Hot Summer Nights
- Vail Daily obituary: Thomas Stevens Atkinson, 1963-2015
- Campout for the Cause ushers in the season with modern folk music, yoga and SUP
- Beaver Creek hosts live music, barbecue during annual Blues, Brews & BBQ fest
- Ramunno Field named in Eagle for longtime coach