Skiers and snowboarders hike out of Game Creek Bowl Thursday afternoon while lift maintenance worked on the chair lift. Vail Mountain spokeswoman Liz Biebl said the lift was down due to a mechanical failure was up and running again about 40 minutes later. Skier Rodney Gleiberman said he was stuck for about 30 minutes and skiers were told a part was broken and the lift was being worked on. He said the lift maintenance workers were checking each chair, one-by-one, to make sure they were on track before skiers could board the lift again.
- Lifelong Minturn resident Darla Goodell, who ran Turntable, passes away
- Vail gets green light for golf clubhouse project
- BREAKING: Charles Sattler found not guilty on all counts in Blake Bostic's death
- Fall enrollment increases at Colorado Mountain College
- Minturn's new bathrooms a finalist in best restroom contest