Skiers and snowboarders hike out of Game Creek Bowl Thursday afternoon while lift maintenance worked on the chair lift. Vail Mountain spokeswoman Liz Biebl said the lift was down due to a mechanical failure was up and running again about 40 minutes later. Skier Rodney Gleiberman said he was stuck for about 30 minutes and skiers were told a part was broken and the lift was being worked on. He said the lift maintenance workers were checking each chair, one-by-one, to make sure they were on track before skiers could board the lift again.
- Lifelong Minturn resident Darla Goodell, who ran Turntable, passes away
- FirstBank closes doors of branch in Lionshead
- Vail Daily travel: Health and wealth in Asheville, with decadent mansions and healing salt caves
- Eagle Valley spoils Summit County homecoming Friday
- Vail Mountain, Eagle Valley soccer record big wins