Skiers and snowboarders hike out of Game Creek Bowl Thursday afternoon while lift maintenance worked on the chair lift. Vail Mountain spokeswoman Liz Biebl said the lift was down due to a mechanical failure was up and running again about 40 minutes later. Skier Rodney Gleiberman said he was stuck for about 30 minutes and skiers were told a part was broken and the lift was being worked on. He said the lift maintenance workers were checking each chair, one-by-one, to make sure they were on track before skiers could board the lift again.
- Blaze engulfs Sweetwater structure north of Dotsero
- Thanksgiving reminds us to be grateful for all the goodness in life
- Industry leaders: Skiing cheaper than you think
- #VailLive: Updates from opening day at Beaver Creek mountain
- Five bakers vie for the cookie crown at Wednesday’s Beaver Creek Cookie Comp