Skiers and snowboarders hike out of Game Creek Bowl Thursday afternoon while lift maintenance worked on the chair lift. Vail Mountain spokeswoman Liz Biebl said the lift was down due to a mechanical failure was up and running again about 40 minutes later. Skier Rodney Gleiberman said he was stuck for about 30 minutes and skiers were told a part was broken and the lift was being worked on. He said the lift maintenance workers were checking each chair, one-by-one, to make sure they were on track before skiers could board the lift again.
- Road trip: Spend three days in Colorado's southern foothills
- Vail Daily obituary: Thomas Stevens Atkinson, 1963-2015
- Beaver Creek hosts live music, barbecue during annual Blues, Brews & BBQ fest
- Winners of Bookworm of Edwards' children's writing contest announced
- Battle Mountain High School celebrates 55th commencement