Skiers and snowboarders hike out of Game Creek Bowl Thursday afternoon while lift maintenance worked on the chair lift. Vail Mountain spokeswoman Liz Biebl said the lift was down due to a mechanical failure was up and running again about 40 minutes later. Skier Rodney Gleiberman said he was stuck for about 30 minutes and skiers were told a part was broken and the lift was being worked on. He said the lift maintenance workers were checking each chair, one-by-one, to make sure they were on track before skiers could board the lift again.
- Beaver Creek to open Wednesday with 720 acres
- Restore, Rejuvenate & Reiki Heart Opening Workshop at Synergy is Dec. 12
- Laura Anzalone opens Soul Spa Studio in Eagle, with nourishment for skin and soul
- Vail named No.3 resort for international skiers
- Vail's Vintage restaurant offers French brasserie coziness, with brunch and late-night bites