VAIL, Colorado - What if the key to your wisdom and knowing is just outside the door? This is the premise for the nature adventure retreats, seminars and coaching offered by Women's Empowerment Workshop, based in Vail. From Costa Rica to the Rocky Mountains, the Workshop is expanding its offerings in 2013.
Stunning natural settings, intimate group size, and nature-based adventures leading to personal growth are the hallmarks of all Women's Empowerment Workshop retreats. The workshop will deliver five retreats this year.
Formed two years ago, Women's Empowerment Workshop started with one four-day nature adventure retreat, now called Awaken in Nature, which includes rafting/kayaking, rock climbing, hiking, healing with horses and other nature-based activities. The retreat drew attendees from as far away as Pakistan and from a dozen U.S. states. Its success led co-founder Susie Kincade to create additional retreats and diverse workshops.
"This is our time to step into our full capacity as human beings, as the creative, compassionate, strong leaders we are," she said. "With nature as the metaphor and the context for exploring our full potential, women discover that they are fully capable, not only of managing their life, career, family, finances, but of being change agents in the world."
A former Olympic contender in the sport of diving, and the first woman ever to compete on a men's NCAA varsity athletic team (UCLA swimming/diving team, 1972-74) Kincade grew up feeling no limitations about what was possible. She also benefited from being in a military family that explored new territory constantly as they moved about the world. An avid outdoors woman - she has rowed her own raft down the Grand Canyon numerous times - Kincade brings this indomitable spirit, sense of curiosity and adventure to all of her retreats and workshops.
The Women's Empowerment Workshop draws on expert professionals to guide activities such as rock climbing, rafting, hiking and equine therapy, and uses renowned life and spiritual coaches as well.
Kincade also offers life coaching and is a certified ceremonialist performing weddings and other ceremonies to mark life's transitions.
• The Heroine's Journey retreat, March 22-29 on the Osa Peninsula in Costa Rica guides women to an understanding of their personal path, how to embrace and enhance it. This retreat, a collaboration between Women's Empowerment Workshop and True Life Coaching and Retreats, offers a balance of inner work, play, nurturing and exploration in the jungle/seaside setting of an eco-lodge and spa, Luna Lodge.
• Awaken in Nature, Sept. 11-15 at the Vail Racquet Club Mountain Resort, takes women out into nature while venturing deeply inward. Rafting/kayaking, rock climbing, healing through horses, hiking and nature-based inner wisdom activities make this retreat unique.
• Heart to Heart, a mother/daughter adventure retreat May 17-19 at the Vail Racquet Club Mountain Resort, gets right to the heart of the most complex, delicious and sometimes vexing of relationships. Communication and emotional discernment skills, team building through rock climbing and spa time allow for healing, joy, intimacy and growth for moms and daughters at every stage in life.
• Chrysalis Circle, a six-day program for middle and high school girls, June 17-22, in Eagle, guides young women on a journey to discover and connect to their core being, find their authentic voice, gain confidence, explore their mind-body-spirit connection through yoga, grounding and communication tools, hiking, rafting, rock climbing and other activities in nature.
• Radical Grounding, a one-day retreat (date to be decided) with The Wholeness Project, explores the landscapes of our birth as holding important information for who we are and what sustains us.
To learn more and register for Women's Empowerment Workshop retreats and programs, visit www.womenempower.us, call 877-595-8622 or 970-328-5472, or email Susie@womenempower.us .