Taking cues from classic pop, rock 'n' roll and Americana, Hollis Brown combines raw rock sensibilities with sweet melodies and heartfelt lyrics. After releasing its debut EP last year, the NYC-based band just put out its first full-length album, "Ride On The Train" this week. The band performs at the Vail Ale House in West Vail Friday night at 10 p.m. Tickets are $5 at the door. Call 970-476-4314.
- Eagle County welcomes new human resources director
- Audition to sing national anthem at Alpine World Championships
- Colorado-based dancers bring a taste of Americana to the world of alpine ski racing
- Coroner candidates trade barbs, accusations Tuesday
- Vail Daily column: Tough questions, simple answers