Taking cues from classic pop, rock 'n' roll and Americana, Hollis Brown combines raw rock sensibilities with sweet melodies and heartfelt lyrics. After releasing its debut EP last year, the NYC-based band just put out its first full-length album, "Ride On The Train" this week. The band performs at the Vail Ale House in West Vail Friday night at 10 p.m. Tickets are $5 at the door. Call 970-476-4314.
- Vail Daily obituary: Richard Gene Brown, 1947-2014
- Eagle-Vail’s Mikaela Shiffrin ties for giant slalom victory in Soelden
- Photos and video: Shiffrin, Vail Valley Foundation celebrate win in Soelden
- Suzanne Vega performs Sunday in Beaver Creek’s Vilar Center
- Vail Resorts introduces ladies-specific ski programs