Taking cues from classic pop, rock 'n' roll and Americana, Hollis Brown combines raw rock sensibilities with sweet melodies and heartfelt lyrics. After releasing its debut EP last year, the NYC-based band just put out its first full-length album, "Ride On The Train" this week. The band performs at the Vail Ale House in West Vail Friday night at 10 p.m. Tickets are $5 at the door. Call 970-476-4314.
- Bringing the Renaissance to life on stage at Eagle County Charter Academy
- On the Hill: Evening riding now at Vail
- Arlo Guthrie's 'Alice's Restaurant 50th Anniversary Tour' stops in Beaver Creek
- Author of One Book One Valley read talks about his writing and his ranch
- Roots of Racing: Carson was a student of the Pro Tour