Are you a coffee connoisseur? Do you depend on the dark, warm beverage to get your mornings started? Have you ever wondered why various coffee brands and roasts taste differently? Join Walking Mountains Science Center for "The Science Behind Coffee Roasting" on March 20 in Avon.Travis Colbert, owner of City on a Hill Coffee & Espresso in Leadville, will share his love and appreciation for the fine details of coffee. At the presentation, he will talk about coffee origins including the regions where coffee plants grow and why coffee tastes different depending on where it comes from and how you roast and prepare it. Colbert will demonstrate a sample coffee roast and talk about the roasting process. This program includes the opportunity to taste various coffees. The Science Behind series of classes highlights useful and fun skills that have underlying scientific principles. Each class provides a hands-on, interactive component with instruction from a local subject matter expert and a Walking Mountains educator. Classes are held once a month at Walking Mountains Science Center in Avon. This series is underwritten by Slifer Smith & Frampton Real Estate to enrich community experience and learning opportunities. Seating is limited, call to reserve your spot today: 970-827-9725.
- On the Hill: Evening riding now at Vail
- Arlo Guthrie's 'Alice's Restaurant 50th Anniversary Tour' stops in Beaver Creek
- Author of One Book One Valley read talks about his writing and his ranch
- Bringing the Renaissance to life on stage at Eagle County Charter Academy
- Roots of Racing: Carson was a student of the Pro Tour