Edwin Furtner, 77, a longtime Lionshead resident, died peacefully Friday night in Atlanta after a brief illness. Jane, his college sweetheart and loving wife of 55 years, was at his side. Edwin and Jane married in Chicago in 1958. Also surviving are his four sons Steve, Rick, Bill, and John, his eight grandchildren and his brother Ray. He will also be missed by his sons' wives and several nieces and nephews.
Vail Daily obituary: Edwin Furtner, 1935-2013
Trending in: News
- Vail-Summit surgeons lead medical mission trip to Rwanda
- The Westin announces Mikaela Shiffrin has become its ‘Resident Gold Medalist’
- Avon, Eagle look to maintain new trails
- Mountain county home sales showing strength
- Vail Daily health feature: Essential oils offer a healing remedy from an earlier era