Edwin Furtner, 77, a longtime Lionshead resident, died peacefully Friday night in Atlanta after a brief illness. Jane, his college sweetheart and loving wife of 55 years, was at his side. Edwin and Jane married in Chicago in 1958. Also surviving are his four sons Steve, Rick, Bill, and John, his eight grandchildren and his brother Ray. He will also be missed by his sons' wives and several nieces and nephews.
- Vail Daily obituary: Richard Gene Brown, 1947-2014
- Eagle-Vail’s Mikaela Shiffrin ties for giant slalom victory in Soelden
- Photos and video: Shiffrin, Vail Valley Foundation celebrate win in Soelden
- Suzanne Vega performs Sunday in Beaver Creek’s Vilar Center
- Vail Resorts introduces ladies-specific ski programs