Edwin Furtner, 77, a longtime Lionshead resident, died peacefully Friday night in Atlanta after a brief illness. Jane, his college sweetheart and loving wife of 55 years, was at his side. Edwin and Jane married in Chicago in 1958. Also surviving are his four sons Steve, Rick, Bill, and John, his eight grandchildren and his brother Ray. He will also be missed by his sons' wives and several nieces and nephews.
- Rooms available for Championships weeks
- Barenaked Ladies coming to Vail Feb. 9 for World Ski Championships
- Vail Daily column: Lindsey Vonn relishes record alongside her family
- Franti, friends throwing fundraising party in Vail
- On the Hill: Getting to the World Championships finish area from Strawberry Park at Beaver Creek