VAIL, Colorado - The World Pro Skiing Foundation, a nonprofit public charity dedicated to enabling disadvantaged kids to ski and ski race throughout the U.S., is hosting a fundraising event Saturday at Vail Mountain's Black Forest Race Arena.Racing teams will be made up of former U.S. and World Pro ski racers, and from three to five amateurs per team. There is a $50 registration fee that will be donated to the World Pro Skiing Foundation's junior racing program. Practice runs are scheduled for Friday at 10 a.m. at the Black Forest Race Arena. The race is scheduled for Saturday at 11 a.m. at the Black Forest Race Arena. The race is part of the International Ski Hall of Fame, the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Hall of Fame, and the World of Ski History Skiing Heritage Week taking place in Vail this week.The following former pro-racers are expected to attend: Cary Adgate, Robert Bial, Geoff Bruce, Kevin Clarke, Lisa Dinsmore, Billy Kidd, Mike Halstead, Greg Ranone, Brian Shorter, David Stapleton, Colleen Stewart, John Walsh and Linda McGeghee-Walsh, with more registering daily.Interested parties should contact Lisa Mutz for more information and to register. Lisa Mutz can be reached at 970-390-4800 or email@example.com.
- On the Hill: Evening riding now at Vail
- Arlo Guthrie's 'Alice's Restaurant 50th Anniversary Tour' stops in Beaver Creek
- Author of One Book One Valley read talks about his writing and his ranch
- Bringing the Renaissance to life on stage at Eagle County Charter Academy
- Roots of Racing: Carson was a student of the Pro Tour