Jeanne and Dale Mosier hosted a wine tasting fundraiser on March 28 at their home in Edwards, supporting the United Way of Eagle River Valley.At the second annual event, $20,000 was raised. The money will add to the grant pool that the all-volunteer board will give away this summer.The evening featured the wines of Washington State, which were generously donated by Riverwalk Wine & Spirits and their suppliers.The United Way of Eagle River Valley's Executive Director, Gretchen Babcock, joined by board president, Tracy Tutag and board members, Dale Mosier, Brian Nestor and Victoria Steuber welcomed more than 50 donors. One donor issued a challenge to match each donation up to $10,000 and that challenge was met.Past board members Bob Warner and Leslie Isom were also in attendance. The United Way of Eagle River Valley is a small chapter that raises funds and grants for more than 25 non-profits in Eagle County each year. "It is like a mutual fund of giving," Babcock said. Visit www.unitedwayeagle.org for more information.
- Local woman gets jail for stealing from teens
- Woman's Porsche license plate aids in Aspen shoplifting arrest
- Mikaela Shiffrin charms Vail Town Council
- Woman who admitted stealing from teens wants to wait to begin her one-year jail sentence
- Backcountry skiers taking advantage of the stable spring snowpack