Jeanne and Dale Mosier hosted a wine tasting fundraiser on March 28 at their home in Edwards, supporting the United Way of Eagle River Valley.At the second annual event, $20,000 was raised. The money will add to the grant pool that the all-volunteer board will give away this summer.The evening featured the wines of Washington State, which were generously donated by Riverwalk Wine & Spirits and their suppliers.The United Way of Eagle River Valley's Executive Director, Gretchen Babcock, joined by board president, Tracy Tutag and board members, Dale Mosier, Brian Nestor and Victoria Steuber welcomed more than 50 donors. One donor issued a challenge to match each donation up to $10,000 and that challenge was met.Past board members Bob Warner and Leslie Isom were also in attendance. The United Way of Eagle River Valley is a small chapter that raises funds and grants for more than 25 non-profits in Eagle County each year. "It is like a mutual fund of giving," Babcock said. Visit www.unitedwayeagle.org for more information.
- Vail Valley businesses offer convenience by bringing groceries and more right to your door
- First overnight marijuana hotel in Summit County opens in Silverthorne
- New ‘Bustang’ service to link Vail, Denver; $17 fare one way
- Burns man shoots, kills masked assailant
- Vail Daily health feature: Remembering a life not started