DENVER/MOUNTAIN CORRIDOR- The Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) will close I-70 in both directions at Twin Tunnels for rock stabilization at 1 p.m. This work will require a 30-minute closure and motorists traveling in the area should expect delays. Westbound Twin Tunnels crews found the potentially hazardous rock while performing preliminary survey work near the westbound portal earlier today. Crews will work to stabilize the area as quickly as possible in order to reopen the road. This work is necessary to ensure the safety of the traveling public along this well-traveled corridor.
Travel alert: I-70 at Twin Tunnels to close at 1 p.m.
Trending in: Entertainment
- Celebrate National IPA Day with live music and more at Crazy Mountain Brewery in Edwards
- PardeePalooza music festival to honor Tony Seibert, grandson of Vail’s co-founder, who died in an avalanche this January
- Shook Twins return to Vail for Shakedown Bar show Friday
- Fashion at Frost series continues Friday with Perch Vail showcasing hot summer styles
- Knox Gallery in Beaver Creek hosts husband-wife artist duo