WOLCOTT — Colorado Department of Transportation crews worked to clear a mudslide on Interstate 70 near Wolcott on Tuesday. The slide occurred just after 7 p.m. on Tuesday, closing both westbound lanes on I-70. The eastbound lanes remained open. Traffic was rerouted to U.S. Highway 6 between Wolcott and Eagle. About 300 vehicles got stuck in the slide, and CDOT crews removed the last vehicle at about 9 p.m., according to Tracy Trulove, communication manager for CDOT. The road was still closed at 9 p.m. Tuesday evening, and Trulove said the crews expect to reopen the road at about midnight.
Mudslide closes westbound I-70
Trending in: Entertainment
- First overnight marijuana hotel in Summit County opens in Silverthorne
- New ‘Bustang’ service to link Vail, Denver; $17 fare one way
- Vail Valley businesses offer convenience by bringing groceries and more right to your door
- 1-2 feet in forecast Sunday through Tuesday
- Burns man shoots, kills masked assailant