A Taste of the World event set for Friday in Edwards
December 19, 2013
"A Taste of the World" is a new event being produced by the Battle Mountain High School Student Council in the hopes of bringing cultures together through food. The fundraiser will take place in the high school's cafeteria from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. today.
The council members started craving exotic treats when they were looking at their school's population and saw the wide range of nationalities represented. Students hail from France, Jamaica, Greece, Latin America, China, Sweden and many others. At the Battle Mountain High School cafeteria, you will be able to purchase dishes made by students for $2 a plate, and you will also be able to bid on ilent auction items. Donated items include music lessons at the Eagle Valley Music Academy, artwork by Battle Mountain High School alumni Anna Tedstrom and yoga punch cards to use at Dogma Athletica in Edwards. These are fantastic last-minute Christmas gift ideas.
The proceeds of the worldly event will stay local, as it will be donated to local nonprofit organizations such as Small Champions, the Eagle River Youth Coalition, the Literacy Project and more. Working alongside the student council are the school's Hispanic mentors, who are providing the food from Mexico, and students from both groups are excited to let the community see the varied heritage of the Battle Mountain High School students.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ reality show, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Eagle County approves Edwards area, 120-unit 6 West Apartments plan
- Weeding through marijuana: Experts, advocates talk cannabidiol (CBD)
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his last lift ride
- Cordillera ‘discriminating against addictions,’ federal ADA lawsuit claims