By All Means Band takes Eagle Town Park stage Thursday
July 17, 2013
EAGLE — Tonight the free ShowDown Town concert series in Eagle continues with Paa Kow's By All Means Band. Set to take the stage at 6:30 p.m., By All Means will kick off the second of six free concerts at Eagle Town Park in Eagle.
Paa Kow has shared the stage with many African greats: Amakye Dede, George Darko, Kojo Antwi, Nat Brew, Hugh Masekela and Vusi Mahlasela, as well as American greats Victor Wooten, Brad Goode, John Gunther, Michael Kang and many more.
Paa Kow grew up in a small village called Enyan Denkyira near Cape Coast in Ghana, West Africa. Pow displays a unique ability to speak to listeners with his drums in a deeply spiritual conversation. His songs are captivating and danceable. The lyrics are a mixture of Paa Kow's native language, Fante and English.
In an unforgettable display of talent, Paa Kow's By All Means Band bridges the gap between Ghana and America.
SHOWDOWN TOWN free concerts
ShowDown Town concerts take place Thursday evenings in July and August at 6:30 p.m. Children's activities also highlight the family friendly evenings in the park. Face painting, balloon animals and character sketches are just a few things to look forward to in addition to the free concerts.
For additional information on the free concert series at Eagle Town Park, visit http://www.vvf.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Doggone? Nope! Searcher finds Izzy the pitbull, owner glad to be alive
- Locals searching for dog that fled head-on crash on Vail Pass Saturday
- Vail avalanche death case on hold as judge denies motion to disqualify himself