Cantus to appear at Bravo! Vail Sunday through Thursday
July 14, 2013
The acclaimed men's vocal ensemble Cantus returns to Vail today through Thursday for six performances at Bravo! Vail. During their time in Vail, Cantus will perform repertoire ranging from plain chant and early Polyphony, to masterpieces for male voices, to folk songs from around the world and works by composer and arrangers amongst the Cantus ranks. The July 16th performance of repertoire by Dvorak and Janacek, performed with the Calder Quartet, Anne-Marie McDermott, piano and Paul Neubauer, viola will be broadcast on July 27th as part of Colorado Public Radio's Saturday "SummerFest" Concert Series.
Cantus is looking forward to its second year at Bravo! Vail.
"The amazing scenery inspires great artistry and we really have the opportunity to dig in and sing great classical repertoire," said baritone Adam Reinwald.
"Most of the time Cantus is out on the road singing concerts as an individual ensemble, adds tenor Aaron Humble. "At Bravo! Vail, we are among hundreds of colleagues. We get to hear amazing music, collaborate with some of the best chamber players, and just make a lot of new friends. You just can't put that many artists in one village and not have amazing results!"
A complete schedule of concerts at Bravo! Vail featuring Cantus:Text ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/Solid$ID/NothingText ColorText Color$ID/NothingText ColorText Color
Bravo! Vail Valley Chamber Music Series:
• Tuesday: Bohemian works by Janacek and Dvorak with Cantus; Calder Quartet; Paul Neubauer, viola; Anne-Marie McDermott, on the piano at 6 p.m. at Vail Mountain School.
• Wednesday: Slavic dances and Rhymes with Cantus; Calder Quartet; Paul Neubauer, viola; Anne-Marie McDermott, on the piano at 6 p.m. at Vail Mountain School.
Bravo! Vail Valley Free Concert Series:
• Today:Text ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/Solid$ID/NothingText ColorText Color$ID/NothingText ColorText Color When Twilight Falls. Features the local premiere of "The Song of Sky and Sea" by Cantus tenor Paul J. Rudoi, at 4 p.m. at The Lodge and Spa at Cordillera.
• Monday: Sumer Is Icumin In: Early Music for Spring and Summer. Cantus male vocal ensemble performs a varied program of works from plainchant and early polyphony to folksongs from the Georgia Sea Islands. Old English, American, Japanese, French and contemporary compositions round out the program at 7:30 p.m. at Gypsum Town Hall.
• Thursday: Male Choral Music of Dvorak and Janacek at 1 p.m. at Vail Interfaith Chapel.
• Thursday:Text ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/Solid$ID/NothingText ColorText Color$ID/NothingText ColorText Color Masterworks for Male Voices "On the Shoulders of Giants," at 6 p.m. at Edwards Interfaith Chapel.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened