Dixie Leadfoot performs in Eagle Thursday
July 24, 2013
EAGLE — The free concert series in Eagle continues tonight at 6:30 p.m. with Dixie Leadfoot, who will perform at Eagle Town Park.
Dixie Leadfoot & The Chrome Struts is fronted by Frank Zappa former vocalist Suzannah Harris, who is praised as both a vocalist and rockabilly slap bass player. The band brings upbeat rockabilly music that excites and elevates audiences of all ages. Dixie Leadfoot was selected to perform this year at Viva Las Vegas 16, known worldwide as the ultimate annual rockabilly weekend event, held in Las Vegas, Nev. Other recent and upcoming events for the band include the Arapahoe County Fair, Larimer County Fair & Rodeo, Goodguys 16th Colorado Nationals Car Show, concert series performances in Colorado Springs, Arvada, Eagle and many other special events in Colorado.
ShowDown Town concerts take place Thursday evenings in July and Aug. at 6:30 p.m. with children's activities also highlighting family friendly evenings in the park. Face painting, balloon animals and character sketches are just a few things to look forward to in addition to the free concerts. The Original Shakedown Street performs Aug. 1, Rob Drabkin Band performs Aug. 8 and Grant Farm plays Aug. 15. For additional information on the free concert series check out http://www.showdowntownfreeconcerts.com or the Foundation, visit http://www.vvf.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Locals searching for dog that fled head-on crash on Vail Pass Saturday
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations