Drew Emmitt Band performs free show in Vail Wednesday
August 26, 2014
The final Vail Summer Bluegrass Series concert takes place Wednesday with a headlining performance by the Drew Emmitt Band. Emmitt, one of the founding members of Leftover Salmon, is no stranger to Colorado as Leftover was founded in the late '80s in Boulder. The Drew Emmitt Band is Drew Emmitt, Andy Thorn, Greg Garrison and Tyler Grant. Andy Hall from the Infamous Stringdusters will also perform with the group. Denver band Trout Steak Revival, winners of the 2014 Telluride Bluegrass Festival Band Competition, will open the show.
The concert is free and will go on rain or shine. Trout Steak Revival will perform from 5 to 5:45 p.m. and Drew Emmitt will go on from 6 to 8 p.m.
Vail Bluegrass is currently collecting donations for scholarship funds for students at the Sera Schools Music Program. Sera Schools is the largest music instruction programs in the central Rockies and Western Slope of Colorado, teaching child and adult students in voice, piano, guitar and violin. Donations to the scholarship fund can be made here at http://www.seraschools.com/giving.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Glenwood commuting challenge mounts for Eagle County residents
- Woodchuck starts car fire in Steamboat Springs, flees scene, later apprehended
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Huskies 3,200 relay strikes gold at state meet