Family fun at Bravo! Vail events
July 7, 2014
VAIL — Bravo! Vail continues its popular tradition of family-friendly events this summer, ranging from a screening of the beloved Disney film "Fantasia" with live orchestra accompaniment by The Philadelphia Orchestra on Wednesday, to Broadway Night with the New York Philharmonic on July 24. Bravo! Vail is also proud to announce a new partnership with the town of Avon that brings free, world music concerts to Nottingham Park. Featured artists in the new Avon Presents: Bravo! Vail series include Tito del Barrio Malaga on Thursday and Colcannon Irish Ensemble on July 17.
New this summer, Bravo! Vail introduces a first-ever collaboration with the Walking Mountains Science Center, featuring a presentation of "The Science Behind: Sound" on July 16. This free event brings together science educators with the Chicago-based ensemble Third Coast Percussion to explore the science of sound.
FREE FAMILY CONCERT
Bravo! Vail's 27th season also marks the return of Thursday's free family concert featuring members of The Philadelphia Orchestra performing Prokofiev's classic, "Peter and the Wolf." All generations will enjoy actor Michael Boudewyns' retelling of the famous fairytale of the young boy who outsmarts a wolf, then takes the wolf to the zoo in a victory parade.
Throughout the summer, families will have more opportunities to experience Bravo! Vail than ever before as Little Listeners @ The Library travels to Vail, Gypsum, Eagle and Avon. In addition, Bravo! Vail's Music on the Move program will bring live music to public gathering places, including Vail Village.
Upcoming events include:
• Free Patriotic Concert with Dallas Symphony Orchestra today at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail at 2 p.m.
• Disney "Fantasia" screening of the film with live orchestra, Wednesday at 8 p.m. Tickets range from $28 to $115. Lawn tickets for children 12 and younger are $5.
• "Peter and the Wolf" featuring members of The Philadelphia Orchestra at the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail on Thursday at 11:30 a.m. Free.
• Avon Presents: Bravo! Vail Flamenco Fusion at Nottingham Park in Avon on Thursday at 6 p.m. Free. • Broadway Night with the New York Philharmonic featuring The Music of Frank Loesser, July 24 at 6 p.m. Tickets range from $28 to $115. Lawn tickets for children 12 and younger are $5.
• Avon Presents: Bravo! Vail Celtic Jam at Nottingham Park in Avon July 17 at 6 p.m. Free.
• The Science Behind: Sound. First-ever collaboration between Bravo! Vail and Walking Mountains Science Center; science educators will be joined by the ensemble Third Coast Percussion at Walking Mountains Science Center in Avon on July 16 at 6 p.m. Free.
For more information about Bravo! Vail visit bravovail.org or call 970-827-5700.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Avon video game store robbed; police searching for suspect
- Two men found dead in El Jebel area; third person taken to hospital
- In improbable scenario, Devils topple Huskies
- Training for Trump: Air Force at Eagle County airport for high altitude flight training
- Dog dollars: Off-leash pets cost taxpayers hundreds of thousands dollars, law enforcement thousands of hours