Fright at the Museum is Saturday in Avon
October 24, 2013
Fright at the Museum is happening on Saturday from 3 to 7 p.m. at Walking Mountains Science Center in Avon. Uncover mysteries and learn about creepy crawly critters after dark at this fun-filled community event.
The science center welcomes the Denver Museum of Nature and Science as well as the Denver Zoo to share in celebrating this season of spookiness. Come explore the campus as the sun goes down to learn from your favorite nature enthusiasts and, above all else, have a hair-raising, good time.
Prepare for The spooky forest
A highlight of the evening is sure to be the Spooky Forest, where those who dare enter will encounter a scare. To leave the forest one must think fast and answer the riddles in order to pass. We can give you the riddles so that you may try to prepare, but the trail holds the clues, so readers beware.
• My eyes are watching but cannot see, I quake and tremble but not a soul frightens me.
• I sleep by day, I fly by night. I have not feathers to aid in my flight.
• Dark as night and smarter then most in the air is where I coast. With wings spread open I swiftly soar, eerily chanting nevermore.
• Grunts and growls you will often hear, as I scavenge for food most of the year. During the winter I will sleep, within my den there is hardly a peep.
• Wise and old you will find me up high, I spend the night roaming the sky. My head can turn almost all around, in search of mice on the ground.
Try as you may and try as you might, come spend the evening with us to learn if your answers are right!
Walking Mountains Science Center will offer other fun experiences, such as an animal obstacle course, storytelling and mad science concoctions.
Benefits Walking Mountains
Fright at the Museum will have something for everyone; goblins and ghouls alike will enjoy the frightful festivities, while also raising vital support for educational programs that positively impact our community.
Proceeds from the event will be used to enhance and expand Walking Mountains' programming so that even more people can participate in hands-on science education in the future.
Tickets now available online or in person at Walking Mountains Science Center in Avon; visit http://www.walkingmountains.org/fright for more information.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened