Get Up Stand Up event returns to Rancho Del Rio to promote SUP
July 12, 2013
If you go …
- What: Get Up Stand Up, a stand-up paddle, yoga and music gathering.
- Where: Stand Up Paddle Colorado base camp at Rancho Del Rio (4199 Trough Road, Bond). Look for the dome and tepees.
- When: Saturday. Stand up tours start at 9 a.m. Yoga starts at 4 p.m. Whitewater Ramble plays from 7-10 p.m.
- Cost: $10 includes yoga, camping, music by Whitewater Ramble and SUP demos (from 4-6 p.m.). $10 will be discounted from any tours booked all weekend with wristband.
- More information: Advance booking recommended for tours: 970-453-7873 or http://www.standuppaddlecolorado.com
BOND — For the third year in a row, Stand Up Paddle Colorado is hosting a SUP and yoga gathering along the Colorado River Saturday. Get Up Stand Up promotes the fast growing sport of stand-up paddleboarding and the lifestyle surrounding it. The event features demos, yoga and live unplugged music around the campfire by Whitewater Ramble.
"It's a great opportunity to come out and try SUP for the first time or bring your board and spend the day with us on the river. We open up our home and share our passion for the river, rejuvenation and music," said Scotty Stoughton, co-owner Stand Up Paddle Colorado.
The day features tours down the Colorado River followed by a sunset pot luck, BYOB dinner and unplugged jam sessions. Stand Up Paddle Colorado provides a grill, the fire pit, music and a camping area to spend the night.
Leading the afternoon yoga session on land will be Moonstone Jaxon. Traveling to India and Nepal with his guru, Dandapani has shaped Jaxon's yogic philosophy, creating a transformation from yoga as a physical practice to an all-encompassing way of life. Certified SUP instructor Julie Circo leads SUP yoga classes locally and will be teaching the river version just before sunset on Saturday night.
“It’s a great opportunity to come out and try SUP for the first time or bring your board and spend the day with us on the river. We open up our home and share our passion for the river, rejuvenation and music,” said Scotty Stoughton, co-owner Stand Up Paddle Colorado.
Whitewater Ramble hosts the unplugged sunset jam session around the fire. The band uses a simple recipe to craft its sound: start with bluegrass instrumentation, add drums and finish with a boundary-less approach to grassing-up everything from disco house grooves to roots to Americana.
The Colorado-bred quintet combines the elements of mandolin, fiddle, acoustic guitar, upright bass, drums and vocals to explore the musical boundaries of multiple genres and fuel their own mixture of original music and innovative cover song interpretations.
For more information on Stand Up Paddle Colorado, call 970-453-7873 or visit http://www.standuppaddlecolorado.com.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past
- New Eagle City Market compiles positive comments, sales tax numbers
- Real estate options in Wildridge offer privacy, open space and value (video)
- Vail Daily column: Summer paid parking in Vail?