Gourmet on Gore open-air tasting set for Saturday in Vail
August 29, 2014
VAIL — Gourmet on Gore kicked off Friday evening with the Tasting Tour. The foodie fest continues Saturday beginning at 11 a.m. The event also takes place Sunday and Monday. The culinary festival offers the Open-Air Tasting with world-class wine, beer and spirits paired with culinary delights from Vail's top restaurants. Gourmet on Gore is free admission with pay-as-you-go food and drinks.
"Vail has built a reputation for culinary excellence, and we want to showcase that thriving community," said event producer James Deighan, of Highline. "Participants will be able to tour the exceptional food and drink of some of Vail's best eateries and partake in an entirely unique Vail lifestyle experience."
• 9 to 10 a.m.: Yoga On The Lawn presented by Vail Vitality Center on the Solaris Plaza Lawn in Vail Village. This is a free, fun community yoga session, rain or shine. Rejuvenate your body before all of the days of culinary action with this yoga instruction from instructors from The Vitality Center. Bring your mat, water, sunscreen and as many friends as you'd like.
• 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.: Gourmet on Gore Open-Air Tasting, Gore Creek Drive. Stroll through the heart of Vail Village on a summer afternoon that is sure to satisfy the senses. Enjoy food prepared by the finest culinary talent, sip wine, beers and spirits, and enjoy live jazz to top off the afternoon.
• Noon to 5 p.m.: Kids culinary corner. Stop by the Kids' Culinary Corner throughout the weekend for culinary activities, crafts and fun just for kids.
Recommended Stories For You
• Noon to 4 p.m.: Slifer Smith & Frampton Real Estate Vail Open House Tour. Preview some of the finest residences in Vail Village. Visit the Slifer Smith & Frampton tent as part of Gourmet on Gore on Bridge Street for more information.
• 6:30 to 10 p.m.: The Fitz Lounge presents Bourbon & BBQ Dinner. This event, held on the Manor Vail Lodge lawn, includes barbecue, bourbon, whiskey, live music and yard games. Chef's Eric Berggren and Weston Schroeder are creating a tasty barbecue buffet menu with items like pork ribs, beef short ribs, mac and cheese, baked beans, Colorado sweet corn, Palisade peach cobbler and more. Tickets are $65 for adults and $25 for children. The event ticket is all inclusive paired with bourbon tasting stations throughout the event, featuring brands such as Woodford Reserve, Old Forester and Jack Daniel's whiskeys. Call 970-476-5000 or visit http://www.thefitzlounge.com for more information.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his last lift ride
- Steadman Clinic knee surgeon Dr. Robert LaPrade uses Facebook Live to demonstrate orthopedic procedures to a global audience
- Sonnenalp’s Solar Vail proposal could add 65 deed-restricted apartments at a cost of $4.2M to town of Vail
- Letter: Elimination of Vail Health pediatric doctors will impact children of valley
- Disposable plastic bags vanishing in Avon; point-of-sale ban goes into effect May 1