Guitarist Elisa Bernardo performs Wednesday at Vail Public Library
June 17, 2013
VAIL — Local guitarist Elisa Bernardo will play a concert at the Vail Public Library at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday. The library is located at 292 West Meadow Drive.
Bernardo has been a full-time resident of Vail since 1980. She received her degree in guitar performance with a minor in flute pedagogy from the University of Colorado. During her college studies, Bernardo was introduced to the Suzuki method, which at that time was unavailable for guitar. Her pursuit, continued study and belief in the Suzuki method eventually led her into developing a Suzuki method program for the guitar itself. Bernardo's lifelong love of music and devotion to teaching has led to her reputation as one of the most sought -after Suzuki teachers in the Rocky Mountain region. Founded in 1992, Bernardo has taught hundreds of children and adults through her privately owned studio, Vail Suzuki Guitar & Flute. Bernardo is a certified Suzuki teacher.
In addition to Bernardo's renowned studio in the Vail Valley, she also founded the Synergy Flute & Guitar Duo along with partner flutist Cathy Blickenstaff. The duo has performed throughout the Vail Valley since 1989. Bernardo can also be heard performing on flute with guitarist Marc Trevino. Together they perform a wide range of repertoire from classical to jazz, perfect for any occasion.
This concert is free and open to the public. For more information, call 970-479-2187.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Dogs of Vail: This town has gone to the dogs — from hotels to bars, dogs are welcome
- Vail Daily letter: Anti-Trump sign inappropriate for Fourth of July parade