Gypsum Library features history talk on Monday
February 7, 2014
The Doll ranch on Gypsum Creek was considered one of the finest operations in the valley. The Dolls raised purebred cattle and horses.
Learn a bit about a few of Eagle County's most colorful pioneers at a special presentation 6:30 p.m. Monday, at the Gypsum Library. Local author and historian, Kathy Heicher, will present a talk and slide show featuring mountain man John Root as well as the Doll and Slaughter families. A question and answer session and refreshments will follow the book presentation. Heicher's most recent book, "Eagle County Characters," will be available for purchase.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Doggone? Nope! Searcher finds Izzy the pitbull, owner glad to be alive
- Locals searching for dog that fled head-on crash on Vail Pass Saturday
- Vail avalanche death case on hold as judge denies motion to disqualify himself