He’Brew tap takeover at Vail’s Mountain Standard
January 9, 2014
VAIL — You don’t have to be Jewish to appreciate the goodness of He’Brew beer from Schmaltz Brewing Co. For the first time ever, Mountain Standard’s taps will feature beers from just one brewery.
Today, Schmaltz will take over all of the Vail Village restaurant’s beer taps with their unique beers. The New York state brewing company has been awarded several honors, including Best Craft Beer Brewery by Beverage Magazine. Schmaltz is known for blurring beer styles and using puns, art, history, and pop culture in every aspect of their products.
“It’s going to be a fun day for everyone” said Mountain Standard owner Matt Morgan. “I mean, when do you get this chance to sample all these fun great beers? He’Brew drafts are hard to find in Colorado, so take advantage of getting them all in one place.”
With the Big Beers & Barleywine Festival in town, this tap takeover comes at the perfect time for the elite beer lovers of the world.
“By hosting at tap takeover at Mountain Standard, we have the opportunity to showcase some great food with great beer and continue to grow the culture of good food and beverage here in Vail,” said Donovan Sornig, beverage director for Mountain Standard.
What can you expect if you go?
“Service with some very special and unique draft beer offerings, limited draft beer flights and special draft pours all day,” Sornig said. “Grab a flight, try them all or pick one of your favorites.”
The chosen ones
• Coney Island Albino Python, 6 percent ABV: White lager brewed with spices. Provocative hops and spices entwined with an elegant malt body.
• Hop Manna IPA, 6.8 percent ABV: A golden opportunity to feed your inner hop head and rejoice in Hop Manna, the brewery’s newest delicacy.
• Origin Pomegranate Ale, 8 percent ABV: Brewed with the juices of more than 10,000 pomegranates, Origin is a complex, rich and balanced imperial amber ale with a truly unique character. The pomegranate juice is added during fermentation, leaving only the residual sugars, which serves to balance the hop bitterness.
• Miraculous Jewbelation, 8 percent ABV: Contract brewed for Schmaltz Brewing Company. Eight malts. Eight hops. Celebrating eight years of delicious beer.
• Reunion Ale ‘13, 7.5 percent ABV: This year’s beer is a dark ale brewed with cinnamon, vanilla, coffee and cocoa nibs.
• Bittersweet Lenny’s R.I.P.A., 10 percent ABV: Commemorating the 40th anniversary of the death of Lenny Bruce, this beer is a rye based double IPA. Brewed with an obscene amount of malts and hops, it’s the most radical Jewish tribute beer ever created.
Beers will be available Friday only from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. He’Brew representatives will be on hand with samples and giveaways. Mountain Standard is located in Vail Village along the Gore Creek on Gore Creek Drive. A new concept restaurant from the creators of Vail’s Sweet Basil restaurant, Mountain Standard offers casual rustic dining featuring food cooked over an open fire. The menu has rustic, bold and honest flavors using the purest ingredients in the Rocky Mountain region and beyond. The restaurant features a wood burning grill and rotisserie and the innovative fare is simple and rustic including rotisserie chickens, fresh creative salads and apple-wood grilled steaks.
For more information on Mountain Standard or to book a reservation, please call 970-476-0123 or visit http://www.mountainstandardvail.com.