Help ‘Fill the Van’ on Saturday
November 14, 2013
EAGLE COUNTY — Colorado Mountain Express's 16th annual "Fill the Van" food drive will take place Nov. 16, when thousands of pounds of food will be collected for food banks across communities in Summit, Eagle, Garfield and Pitkin counties. Colorado Mountain Express vans will be parked outside of area grocery stores throughout the region for collections between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
As part of a joint fund-raising effort between Colorado Mountain Express, Vail Resorts Echo, the Vail and Avon Police Departments, Eagle County Sheriff's Department and 9NEWS 9Cares Colorado Shares food drive, the collected donations will remain in the county in which they were donated. Beneficiaries include Family & Intercultural Resource Center in Summit County, Eagle County's Salvation Army and Lift Up in the Roaring Fork Valley.
Collection sites include:
• City Market stores in Vail, Avon, Eagle, Dillon, Breckenridge, Glenwood Springs, Aspen and El Jebel.
• Wal-Mart stores in Avon and Frisco.
• Village Market in Edwards.
• Bella's Market in Gypsum.
In addition to Saturday's collections, Eagle County local police departments and emergency responders will be visiting Eagle County schools to collect donations Nov. 15. Teachers and school administrators have set forth a challenge to each grade to collect the most food.
Vail Resorts, parent company of Colorado Mountain Express, is also participating in Fill The Van and 9NEWS 9Cares Colorado Shares food drive at its Broomfield headquarters on Nov. 15 and donations will be brought to the Food Bank of the Rockies in Denver. Departments will compete against each other in an attempt to collect the most food donations from employees. Vail Resorts has participated in the 9News 9Cares Colorado Shares food drive for the past four years as part of the company's VR Echo Program. As the company's social responsibility and environmental stewardship program, VR Echo enables Vail Resorts to preserve and care for its communities and the natural environments surrounding its resorts.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Dogs of Vail: This town has gone to the dogs — from hotels to bars, dogs are welcome
- Vail Daily letter: Anti-Trump sign inappropriate for Fourth of July parade