Kids yoga teacher training coming to Eagle
March 23, 2014
EAGLE — Interested in working with kids? Love yoga? Ever think about becoming a yoga teacher? Yoga Off Broadway in Eagle is hosting a full weekend of kids yoga teacher training with Lani Rosen-Gallagher from March 28-30. In this program you will learn:
Principles of traditional yoga.
Themes, poses, games, partner yoga, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques.
Specific exercises to help kids transition between activities.
Ideas for using props, books, music and storytelling.
Behavior challenges and how to approach them.
How to develop your own class as well as lesson-planning and sequencing.
How to market your own kids yoga classes.
Rosen-Gallagher founded Full of Joy Yoga in 2004 and moved the studio to Connecticut in 2008. She has been teaching yoga to children in preschools, yoga studios and after-school programs for the last nine years. Rosen-Gallagher has been facilitating teacher trainings in San Francisco, Connecticut, New York and New Jersey since 2005.
The training will take place at Yoga Off Broadway on March 28 from 6:30 to 9 p.m., March 29 from 10:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. and on March 30 from 10:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Participants must attend all sessions. The cost is $525 and includes a teaching manual and Rosen-Gallagher's kids yoga book.
We recommend at least one year of yoga class experience before participating in this training.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery