Learn about the Tomb of the Unknowns in Avon Thursday
September 10, 2013
If you go …
What: “Arlington and the Tomb of the Unknowns” presented by Tom Tudor.
When: 6 p.m. Thursday.
Where: Avon Public Library.
More Information: Contact the library at 970-949-6797.
AVON — Whether or not you have had the opportunity to visit Arlington National Cemetery, be sure to visit the Avon Public Library at 6 p.m. on Thursday for a moving and engaging presentation by Tom Tudor.
The Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington, Virginia, is also known as the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, and has never been officially named. The Tomb of the Unknowns stands atop a hill overlooking Washington, D.C. On March 4, 1921, Congress approved the burial of an unidentified American soldier from World War I in the plaza of the new Memorial Amphitheater.
Tudor is an authority on the history of Arlington National Cemetery and the Tomb of the Unknowns. His comprehensive and compelling presentation offers a unique insight into Arlington — our nation's most hallowed ground.
"Tudor's presentation was highly recommended to me by another Colorado library," said Librarian Michelle Marx. "I am looking forward to learning more about the rich history behind the tomb and Arlington National Cemetery."
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past
- Real estate options in Wildridge offer privacy, open space and value (video)
- ‘We’ll be racy’: Vail’s Buddy Lazier is running his 20th Indianapolis 500
- New Eagle City Market compiles positive comments, sales tax numbers