Learn about the Tomb of the Unknowns in Avon Thursday
September 10, 2013
If you go …
What: “Arlington and the Tomb of the Unknowns” presented by Tom Tudor.
When: 6 p.m. Thursday.
Where: Avon Public Library.
More Information: Contact the library at 970-949-6797.
AVON — Whether or not you have had the opportunity to visit Arlington National Cemetery, be sure to visit the Avon Public Library at 6 p.m. on Thursday for a moving and engaging presentation by Tom Tudor.
The Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington, Virginia, is also known as the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, and has never been officially named. The Tomb of the Unknowns stands atop a hill overlooking Washington, D.C. On March 4, 1921, Congress approved the burial of an unidentified American soldier from World War I in the plaza of the new Memorial Amphitheater.
Tudor is an authority on the history of Arlington National Cemetery and the Tomb of the Unknowns. His comprehensive and compelling presentation offers a unique insight into Arlington — our nation's most hallowed ground.
"Tudor's presentation was highly recommended to me by another Colorado library," said Librarian Michelle Marx. "I am looking forward to learning more about the rich history behind the tomb and Arlington National Cemetery."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery