Learn how to make scrubs, bath salts at Vail Library
August 8, 2013
VAIL —The Vail Public Library's Evenings of Engagement continues Tuesday with "Salts, Salves and Scrubs" with Jackie Clark.
Join Clark and the Vail Public Library for a nature-inspired event on Tuesday from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. This presentation will include hands-on activities using natural plant materials and essential oils to create fragrant bath salts, hand salves and scrubs to take home.
Clark will also explore aromatherapy and its uses; relax and socialize while enjoying the gifts from the earth. Materials fee will be $10 per person, cash or check, and space is limited. RSVP to Liz Willhoff at 970-479-2190 or email@example.com.
Clark is registered with the American Horticultural Therapy Association as a professional horticultural therapist and has facilitated programs at the Betty Ford Alpine Gardens for more than 10 years. Horticultural therapy programs provide the following benefits to participants: social, cognitive, physical and emotional as well as relieving stress.
Developmentally disabled, seniors and the Buddies have been served by Clark's programs, and therapeutic horticulture activities for children such as vegetable and fairy gardening have also been very popular.
For more information and to RSVP, please call 970-479-2190 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Glenwood commuting challenge mounts for Eagle County residents
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound reopened between main, East Vail exits
- Woodchuck starts car fire in Steamboat Springs, flees scene, later apprehended