Learn the ‘Science Behind Cheese Making’ in Avon this Wednesday
June 18, 2013
Cheese is delicious. Have you ever thought about making it yourself? Join Walking Mountains Science Center and Wine or Wort Homebrew Supply for the "Science Behind Cheese Making" to learn how to make fresh mozzarella. In just 45 to 60 minutes anyone can make fresh mozzarella in their own kitchen. It's easier than you think and you can create your own twist by adding fresh herbs and seasonings, even wasabi. Fresh mozzarella can be served as soon as it is made, no waiting time, and you can serve it on a homemade pizza or with some tomato and basil. Wine or Wort Homebrew Supply carries all the ingredients and equipment to make homemade beer, wine and cheese.
Wine or Wort owner, Bit Hood, will demonstrate how to make mozzarella, a class she offers once a month at Wine or Wort. Now, she's joining forces with Lara Carlson from Walking Mountain Science Center to bring you the science behind the cheese making process. Participants will follow Hood's example and make their own mozzarella during this class.
The "Science Behind" series of classes highlights useful and fun skills that have underlying scientific principles. Each class provides a hands-on, interactive component with instruction from a local subject matter expert and a Walking Mountains educator. Classes are held once a month at Walking Mountains Science Center in Avon.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Man arrested in Aspen after claiming to be ex-NFL player Chad Ochocinco
- Steamboat Springs man dies after bicycle crash near Yampa River Core Trail