Learn the science behind tea in Avon Wednesday
November 10, 2013
If you go …
- What: The Science Behind Tea
- When: 6:30 p.m. Wednesday
- Where: Walking Mountains Science Center in Avon
- Cost: Free
- More information: Seating is limited, please call to reserve your spot today: 970-827-9725
AVON — It is getting cold outside. Fall and winter are the perfect time to enjoy a nice cup of tea. Have you ever wondered what makes a green tea different from a white tea or oolong tea? What health benefits are associated with different teas and why? Do you want to have a more sophisticated palate when it comes to tea drinking? Join the Walking Mountains Science Center for "The Science Behind Tea" on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. in Avon.
Guest presenter Chris Chantler, co-founder of Vail Mountain Coffee & Tea, will share his extensive knowledge of the unique properties of tea. Vail Mountain Coffee & Tea is a local company committed to quality of life and treading lightly on the environment. During the presentation, Chantler will discuss the background of various types of teas, how tea is made and tea health. Additionally, he will share tea stories about visiting the plantations and sourcing the teas. The program will include a tea tasting and instruction on how to taste tea.
The Science Behind series of classes highlights useful and fun skills that have underlying scientific principles. Each class provides a hands-on, interactive component with instruction from a local subject matter expert and a Walking Mountains educator. Classes are held once a month at Walking Mountains Science Center in Avon.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- School board says no to Walking Mountains, yes to $510K scholastic app
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl
- Hovey & Harrison opening in Edwards, offering meal subscriptions