Library hosts children’s events
December 13, 2013
The Vail Library will host two children's events on Tuesday. In the morning, at the 11 a.m. preschool story time, children's author Elaine Pease of Boulder will visit. Pease has written three children's picture books and one chapter book for elementary students. She will be featuring her 2012 release of "Tallie's Christmas Lights Surprise: A Holiday Whodunit." A news segment featuring a woman whose Christmas lights had been stolen inspired the story. When the thief's photo was flashed on the screen, asking viewers if anyone knew the whereabouts, Pease knew she had an idea for a cute and funny picture book. Follow the clues as Tallie's Christmas turns into a mystery.
Later the same day, the library hosts its annual gift making event. Participants in kindergarten through fifth grade are encouraged to join the holiday spirit of giving. The library provides the materials to make a unique holiday gift for a special friend or relative. Local Girl Scout troops will be on hand to help younger artists plan and create their special gift. There are a wide variety of gifts from which to choose. The library will supply art materials and ideas to help you personalize your craft. The fun begins at 3:30 p.m. Call the Vail Public Library at 970-479-2187 for more details and directions.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery