Library hosts children’s events
December 13, 2013
The Vail Library will host two children's events on Tuesday. In the morning, at the 11 a.m. preschool story time, children's author Elaine Pease of Boulder will visit. Pease has written three children's picture books and one chapter book for elementary students. She will be featuring her 2012 release of "Tallie's Christmas Lights Surprise: A Holiday Whodunit." A news segment featuring a woman whose Christmas lights had been stolen inspired the story. When the thief's photo was flashed on the screen, asking viewers if anyone knew the whereabouts, Pease knew she had an idea for a cute and funny picture book. Follow the clues as Tallie's Christmas turns into a mystery.
Later the same day, the library hosts its annual gift making event. Participants in kindergarten through fifth grade are encouraged to join the holiday spirit of giving. The library provides the materials to make a unique holiday gift for a special friend or relative. Local Girl Scout troops will be on hand to help younger artists plan and create their special gift. There are a wide variety of gifts from which to choose. The library will supply art materials and ideas to help you personalize your craft. The fun begins at 3:30 p.m. Call the Vail Public Library at 970-479-2187 for more details and directions.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Letter: What has become of the common bond that brought us to Vail?
- Truck driver dies in fiery Vail Pass crash that closed Interstate 70 for hours Thursday and Friday
- Vail Valley ranchers say they have the only zero-carbon footprint marijuana grow in Colorado
- PHOTOS: Our favorite reader images of the Vail Valley’s first snow of the season
- Dr. Tom Steinberg, Vail’s first physician and an instrumental figure here for 50-plus years, dies at 93