Lionshead hosts numerous art events
August 2, 2014
VAIL — Throughout August, enjoy various visual art programs, exhibitions and activities in Lionshead, courtesy of the town of Vail's Art in Public Places program.
• Community Collective Exhibition: Now through Sept. 1 in the Vail Public Library's Community Room. The opening celebration is on Aug. 7 at 10 a.m.
As a result of the public art initiative between Art in Public Places and the Vail Public Library to prominently display art by Eagle County artists above the library's fireplace, the local talent who applied for this initiative will be showcased in the Community Collective Exhibition. Over the past year, the quality of art submitted for placement over the library's fireplace has been a delight for the Art in Public Places Board to view and now with the Community Collective Exhibition, guests and residents are invited to do the same.
People's Choice Award: The public will select the next work from the Community Collective Exhibition to be displayed over the fireplace through a People's Choice Award. This chosen work will be on view above the fireplace from Oct. 13 through Jan. 12, 2015.
• Lionshead Art Tour, Aug. 7 at 10 a.m.
Meet at the Vail Public Library for a free tour of Lionshead's public art. The two-hour tour begins at the opening reception of the Community Collective Exhibition. After viewing the exhibition and the library's public art, the tour continues to the Lionshead Welcome Center, multiple outdoor sculptures, and Vail's newest playground, Sunbird Park. After the tour, enjoy even more art at the Rembrandt Art for Hearts exhibition in the Grand View located on the top level of the Lionshead Welcome Center.
Recommended Stories For You
• Rembrandt Art for Hearts: Now through Aug. 7 at 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at The Grand View Room in Lionshead for a $10 donation.
Organized by Starting Hearts, Rembrandt Art for Hearts features works from the largest private collection of Rembrandt etchings from Drs. Toby and Morton Mower. For a week, guests will have the opportunity to view this rare collection in an intimate setting. A complete range of Rembrandt's creativity from approximately 1626 to 1661 will be represented in this unique exhibition that will benefit Starting Hearts, a nonprofit organization that aims to help save lives of sudden cardiac arrest victims in Eagle County. For more information visit http://www.starting hearts.org.
• Evenings of Engagement at your library presents: Personalized Paper Projects with local author and artist Helen Hiebert on Aug. 27 at 5:30 p.m.
"Brag Books" paper workshop will take place in the Vail Public Library's Community Room. Hiebert's skillful demonstration and hands-on instruction will enable you to craft your own original paper creation. Whether it is your summer vacation photos or pictures of your newest family member, make a mini-photo album as a memorable keepsake or gift. Space is limited so please RSVP to Liz Willhoff at 970-479-2190 or email@example.com.
For more information about these programs, contact Molly Eppard, AIPP coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-479-2344.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Truck driver dies in fiery Vail Pass crash that closed Interstate 70 for hours Thursday and Friday
- Eagle County Sheriff’s Office identifies 22-year-old arrested in connection with alleged public masturbation
- Cost is in on Ben Harper’s Avon concert: a loss of $68K
- Letter: No luck with customer service at USPS in Vail
- Eagle bike/motorcycle accident detailed in Crime Stoppers alert resolved