Lynn Cohagan art exhibit on display at Vail Public Library
July 11, 2013
VAIL — Vail summer resident Lynn Cohagan will display her original oil paintings in the Vail Public Library's newly renovated Community Room today through July 30. As a special benefit to the Friends of the Library, she will donate 40 percent of any painting sale to the library with tax deduction available to the buyer. You will recognize such scenes as Gore Creek, Gore Range and the top of Lionshead in her work. To capture the true colors and atmosphere, she paints all her scenes outdoors, on site. Even in the winter, she loves an outdoor set up. The effect of this plein air painting method is to make the experience more immediate for the viewer and more personal.
Cohagan has shown at the Davis Gallery in Austin, the Hunt Gallery in San Antonio and in group shows at the University of Texas, Austin, and Texas A&M. She has a bachelor's degree in fine arts from the University of Texas and has done post-graduate classes at The New York Studio School. Cohagan's paintings are on view at http://www.cohaganart.com. She is available to do paintings of homes or landscapes on commission. Please join the artist for a reception Thursday at the Vail Public Library.
For more information, call 970-479-2194.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Jury duty both frustrates and fulfills would-be jurors in Eagle County
- Riders turn out for Colorado-Eagle River Ride
- Shifting silt soil moved to build Eagle school foundation on bedrock