Mix Master Mike to headline New Year’s Eve party in Vail
November 7, 2013
VAIL — Break out the party hats and noisemakers. Event producers for Vail NYE 2014, Vail's biggest New Year's celebration, have announced Beastie Boys DJ Mix Master Mike will headline the event on Dec. 31. Dobson Arena will transform into the biggest dance floor in Vail. DJ Logic will start the party.
The venue opens at 9 p.m. Mix Master Mike is best known for his work with the hip-hop group the Beastie Boys, acting as their resident DJ and contributing to their albums "Hello Nasty" and "To The 5 Boroughs."
Mix Master Mike's Roots
Known for heavy-hitting bass and intricate scratch routines, Mix Master Mike was named as one of the greatest DJs of all time by USA Today. He got his initial itch for vinyl while growing up in San Francisco, listening to his uncle's extensive record collection. Years later, the moment that had the most impact on him was catching Grandmixer DST on stage with Herbie Hancock.
In addition to rocking out with Mix Master Mike, guests will ring in 2014 with a balloon drop, confetti storm, champagne toast, party favors and much more.
Tickets are now on sale at http://www.vailnye.com and will be sold at three levels, starting at $75. Attendees must be age 21 and older. All ticket levels include access to the evening's entertainment and VIP amenities.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Dogs of Vail: This town has gone to the dogs — from hotels to bars, dogs are welcome
- Vail Daily letter: Anti-Trump sign inappropriate for Fourth of July parade