Mix Master Mike to headline New Year’s Eve party in Vail
November 7, 2013
VAIL — Break out the party hats and noisemakers. Event producers for Vail NYE 2014, Vail's biggest New Year's celebration, have announced Beastie Boys DJ Mix Master Mike will headline the event on Dec. 31. Dobson Arena will transform into the biggest dance floor in Vail. DJ Logic will start the party.
The venue opens at 9 p.m. Mix Master Mike is best known for his work with the hip-hop group the Beastie Boys, acting as their resident DJ and contributing to their albums "Hello Nasty" and "To The 5 Boroughs."
Mix Master Mike's Roots
Known for heavy-hitting bass and intricate scratch routines, Mix Master Mike was named as one of the greatest DJs of all time by USA Today. He got his initial itch for vinyl while growing up in San Francisco, listening to his uncle's extensive record collection. Years later, the moment that had the most impact on him was catching Grandmixer DST on stage with Herbie Hancock.
In addition to rocking out with Mix Master Mike, guests will ring in 2014 with a balloon drop, confetti storm, champagne toast, party favors and much more.
Tickets are now on sale at http://www.vailnye.com and will be sold at three levels, starting at $75. Attendees must be age 21 and older. All ticket levels include access to the evening's entertainment and VIP amenities.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Jury duty both frustrates and fulfills would-be jurors in Eagle County
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations