Painter Patrick Matthews in Beaver Creek for holiday week
June 27, 2013
BEAVER CREEK — American impressionist painter Patrick Matthews will contribute a large patriotic painting to be auctioned off at The Steadman Philippon Research Institute's Rock the Research silver anniversary celebration in Beaver Creek on July 5. The auction will follow Matthews' Fourth of July Show at Paderewski Fine Art, which will feature the artist's newest abstracts and landscapes.
Residents and visitors of Beaver Creek will have the opportunity to meet Matthews while he paints en plein air in front of Paderewski beginning today through July 4.
Matthews is known for his artistic work and also widely appreciated for his charitable donations. In honor of Sept. 11, 2001, he painted an American flag and donated the original painting and the proceeds from prints to Battalion 9, the New York fire station that experienced the most loss of life on that fateful day. More recently, Matthews painted another flag in honor of the victims from the Boston Marathon tragedy.
Prior to the July 5 Steadman event, Matthews will paint in front of Paderewski Fine Art. Passersby will have the opportunity to talk with the artist and see him in action. Paderewski will also host an informal show of Matthews' current body of work.
Contact Larissa Wild Gould, director of Paderewski, for inquiries regarding Matthews' show and the artist's contribution to the Steadman Philippon Research Institute.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Dogs of Vail: This town has gone to the dogs — from hotels to bars, dogs are welcome
- Vail Daily letter: Anti-Trump sign inappropriate for Fourth of July parade