Renowned figure artist visits Vail
December 25, 2013
VAIL — Nationally renowned figure artist Ron Hicks has emptied his studio and is bringing his newest paintings to the Vail International Gallery Thursday from 4-6 p.m.
Hicks atmospheric paintings are often compared to such masters as Whistler, Sargent and Daumier. Known for his distinctive palette of rich and subtle tones, his art has been featured in many solo and group exhibitions throughout the country during the past 15 years.
"Every year Ron prepares a group of paintings for us to present during the holidays, it's something we look forward to as they are often extraordinary paintings," says Vail International Gallery co-owner Marc LeVarn. "Ron got his start in Denver back in 1997 when he had his first solo shows … It's a real pleasure to feature such a great artist from Colorado. If you've ever wanted to meet Ron this is the perfect opportunity."
These new paintings will be presented for the first time Thursday from 4-6 P.M. and will be on view at the gallery throughout the holiday week. For more information, call 970-476-2525.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations
- Locals searching for dog that fled head-on crash on Vail Pass Saturday